Author Topic: June 28th Jones beach  (Read 312 times)

Jayman

June 28th Jones beach
« on: June 30, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »
Just wanted to say how great they were on this night.  Even though it's a shorter set and they left out one of my favorites (dirty white boy), it's great to see them play at the bigger places and draw good crowds.  Styx was just awesome as usual.  I'm a huge fan of them as well.  Also went on June 21st and they were amazing both nights.  Though once again I do think a doctor was needed on this night to go around checking everybody's pulse because I believe I was surrounded by thousands of corpses.  It's always a little scary when you see that many people sitting down stiff as a board and never move a muscle.  You start to worry if everybody is ok.  But on a side note, it's really great that Jones beach now serves alcohol.  This was the only venue in this country that didn't, and a lot of people wouldn't go there for that reason.  So hopefully now that the word is out, we'll get bigger crowds than normal at these kinds of shows in Long Island
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:12:05 pm by Jayman »

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Re: June 28th Jones beach
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:43:55 am »
Jones Beach is one of the best venues around!
Crowd was great!
That Big Flats crowd on June 21 was a rough one and there was A LOT of alcohol there lol!

Jayman

Re: June 28th Jones beach
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:40:27 am »
Hey Gina, I take it you were way up front and to the right?  Sure the crowd was great up there.  Anywhere behind that and it was nap time for the thousands.  I know I seem like a negative person.  Really I'm not   :)   I just like to be around fans that are enjoying the music.  I didn't mean to suggest that alcohol plays any part in the crowd.  I just meant that it's good Jones beach finally started serving so it'll bring in more fans.    Big flats I knew it'd be dead up front so I got general admission.  The crowds in the back were super cool. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:13:35 pm by Jayman »