Author Topic: REUNION  (Read 1535 times)

angel46

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:34:26 pm »
The new foreigner is good, but the old one is GREAT. I just wish you guys could get back together for one time, i would be there,  I am sure alot of fans would be. Do you think there would ever be one?thanks angel46

CatalinaK

REUNION
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:56:40 am »
Here's my take....there will NOT be a reunion.

wiley

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:10:12 pm »
I think it is wishful thinking to believe they would ever re form with the original line up. As much as I love Lou Gramm I don't think he can do it anymore. There are a lot of people that would argue that point with me probably. I guess I know it will never sound the same as it used to like in the Live at Deer Creek DVD and that is sad however, life goes on. I am really pretty burnt on a lot of the old music and would much prefer to hear some new tunes from this generation of Foreigner. Think about it we have been listening to the same tunes for almost twenty years! That may be the definition of insanity! Simply said the old Foreigner will never be again so bring on the new tunes! Not just one song folded into another greatest hits compilation. I can learn to like the new lead singer if he does some new material.
Wiley

CatalinaK

REUNION
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:19:12 am »
As Mick has said in several recent interviews, the NEW songs should be out in late spring '09.  :biggrin:

wiley

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:49:23 pm »
Hope you are right. Mick has been promising new music for quite a long time. Heck it is kind of a shame he an Lou did not make better use of their time when they reformed. They only produced Mr. Moonlight(Prior to Lou's operation) and since then we have a new singer for more than two years and have still not seen any new music other than Too Late. I am tired of the promises. I will believe it when I see it. Sorry I am just skeptical after all of these years. But I would like to be proven wrong.
Wiley

Melissa716

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:53:41 pm »
I agree that I would love to hear some new material and I am absolutely loving "Too Late", but the guys have been on the road pretty much consistantly for what, about 2-3 years.  And when they are not touring they should be enjoying some time off (and maybe some R&R) aftter all, they are human too.  

I'm sure it will come, it's just giving them some time.  Believe me, when the new album came out in July, I thought it was all new stuff- but I'm glad they are getting some exposure on tv and such lately with the album they have out.  :rolleyes:

4eigner

• That Was Yesterday
REUNION
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:49:23 am »

I'm sorry to tell you angel46 but as you can

see i wrote on that subject and i also got

answers, so look what answers i got and that

is the facts of life.

ForeignerFiles

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:32:19 am »
Not to mention the fact that there have been so many band personnel changes over the years, I think it would be hard to do a proper reunion, IMHO.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool - just that there have been so many different lineups - many with several years touring or album presence - that I think it would make it difficult to pull it off.

Although - I can't say I wouldn't complain of some kind of a 'Foreigner Through the Ages' kind of show, where you could have various members performing on the songs they originally surfaced on, or something like that. Would be different!

Melanie :biggrin:

Rocksan

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 09:30:27 am »
Darn, I must be a fruit loop then, cuz I do not listen to anything they TRY and call music that is less than 20 years old!!!  
What, Insane cuz I listen to ZEP, FOREIGNER, PURPLE, TRAPEZE, STONES, HUMBLE PIE, UFO.............?
NO.:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:
 very sane, and rockin thank you very much!!

And, as a fan, Foreigner may do what they want!!
I will be here to listen!

wiley

• Newbie Member
REUNION
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 06:51:11 am »
I am sure you are sane. My point was I am hungery for some new material. Me personally I still enjoy the classics but don't find there to be any bands in todays music for the most part that really do it for me. Although I do like Three Doors Down. I just crave some new material from any band that plays more of a classic style of rock. Foreigner was always that band for me and I simply think it is time for them to stop resting on their historical compilation and produce some good new music. No offense I like all the old bands too.
Wiley