Author Topic: Aurora Concert  (Read 1513 times)

raven

• Newbie Member
Aurora Concert
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:09:59 am »
Wow...what a great concert.  Very impressed with Kelly.  Jason blew everyone away with his drum solo including Kasmir.  Overall it was a great time.  One complaint that has to do with the venue not the band, when I bought the vip tickets it said that there would be a photo op.  When I got there no one knew what I was talking about.  So no picture with the band.  :sad:  It was awesome.

abluedaykindagal

• Newbie Member
Aurora Concert
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:57:15 am »
:wub:Huge thank you's all around to the band again for being so gracious to offer an opportunity to meet the band and recieve signatures from everyone.  You guys are all really awesome people for being so nice (not to mention pretty funny and hot looking too - add your amazing talent and you've all hit the jackpot - you're gods!).  Ok, the concert was totally awesome, you really rocked!  Everyone was really having a great time together on stage and it showed in your performances.  Kelly sounded perfect and was crazy running and climbing all over the audience (go cow bell!). Jason you know killed every song, loved drum solo and whole lotta love - Rock on! Mick played flawlessly and totally rocked his guitar solo's and keyboard (Love your glasses!!!!!) My husband felt like a nerd looking at how hot you looked. I also have to shout out to the Saxophone, that was killer! Also the flute, you guys are all so multi talented. Bravo!!! Looking forward to next time :cool:

Number1ForeignerFan

• THE BIGGEST FOREIGNER FAN OF ALL TIME
Aurora Concert
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:17:50 pm »
Here is my review. I know all of you have been waiting for this one. The Paramount Theater was built in 1931 and restored and reopened in 1978. The theater is beautiful and it has good acoustics. Here is the set list.
DOUBLE VISION
HEAD GAMES
COLD AS ICE
WAITING FOR A GIRL LIKE YOU
TOO LATE
DIRTY WHITE BOY
SAY YOU WILL
STARRIDER
FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME
URGENT
JUKE BOX HERO
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS
HOT BLOODED
The show started at about 8:15pm after a local charity was selling the new CD with a raffle ticket to win a guitar signed by the members of the band. The drawing was held at the end of the show, more on that later. They started the show with DV as usual to get the crowd energized, but everyone just stayed in their seats. Kelly must have thought everyone was comatose. The theater did make a announcment before the show started that dancing was only allowed in the aisles. Then came HG, CAI, and WFAGLY. Kelly talked briefly about the new CD and introduced the new song TL. Then the played DWB. Kelly went out into the audience and I didn't think he was going to make it back to the stage. he ended up in the front row where he lost his ear monitors reciever box. He made a funny comment about looking for the "box" after the song was over. SYW was done acoustically as the have been doing for awile. Next came one of my favorite songs, Starrider, and Mick introducing the members of the band. Next came FLTFT and Urgent. They did an extended intro to JBH with a like bit of Kasmir that was well recieved by the audience. The encore was IWTKWLI and HB. Overall the show was very good, but us dyehard fans would love to hear some surprises. How about it guys?
Getting back to the guitar raffle. The lady that won was so excited I thought she was going to pass out. Thanks again to Dodger for giving me the set list so I didn't have to test my memory.
The biggest Foreigner fan of all time.

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
Aurora Concert
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 05:34:28 pm »
I flew in from Texas to attend this concert. I was overwhelmed! Been really hard for me to attend a concert without Lou, but Kelly, you've one me over! Michael Bluestein is great too! He seems really excited to be part of the band! I did purchase the VIP package, and the photo ops were taking pics of the band, but I did convince Mick to let me behind him and Kelly...wow! The pic is fantastic! The concert was absolutely incredible. The venue was perhaps just a little too small for the power-amps being put out.
You know, it was nice to see FOREIGNER having FUN! And the guys were really having fun! As I work for a major airline, guess I'm gonna have to do what I've said for over twenty years now....fly in for a show all over!

patti

• Newbie Member
Aurora Concert
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:58:22 pm »
:biggrin:
awesome!!!!!! would have prefered a chicago venue but actually it was good to have a cozy time! I thought I would flip when we were walking from the parking garage along the river and you guys came out for your pics with security... bet you did not hear my URGENT ringtone on my phone when a friend called me! Psychic.... Meet and greet was great but would have liked to have pics with you... I did snag a few on my cell phone of you... and Tom you rock with that SAX!!!
 Patti

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Aurora Concert
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:03:52 pm »
great to see that Aurora won over a lot of new fans!

did Kelly ever recover his earpiece!?

Jeffistheirbiggestfan

• It's URGENT! Make it an EMERGENCY!
Aurora Concert
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:36 pm »
Oh, I air guitared to "Juke Box Hero"...Hawaii, here I come.........