Author Topic: Timonium, MD Concert  (Read 1790 times)

Donna912

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:16:13 pm »
:biggrin:  The concert tonight was amazing despite a little bit of rain. Listened to the new CD on the way home- awesome as always! Thank you Foreigner for exceeding our expectations!

TollcollectorMd

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:43:19 pm »
It was great!!The VIP Packages are so worth it.To meet the band and have the photo op.The men were all so gracious-even though I think I had one too many.I may have even hugged Jason!Posing for pictures,I could not stop talking to Mick.(forgive me)The excitement of this band NEVER gets old.

BetterThanPretty

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:25:59 pm »
Well, I saw Foreigner for the first time live this past Thursday at the Maryland State Fair in Timonium.  I have only been waiting since 1982!lol and it was well worth the wait! Wow what a journey of memories this night took me on.  One memory was in grade school-I was roller skating with my best friend-a typical Friday night- and we heard Urgent play for the first time-we were motioning across the floor to each other-what an awesome song! Then we caught up to each other and said-what are they saying?? Virgin?? and we were laughing but we didn't care because we knew the very first time we heard the song that we loved it and it rocked.

I have always wanted to see Foreigner live-I know nothing about the band members or the change over of members over the years-I never knew their history or who was still in the band and who wasn't, I just love good music and I am always up for a good live concert.  This past Monday I was driving up York Road and saw the sign announcing that Foreigner would be there on Thurs-I immediately picked up my cell, called friends and got online to get tix.  I sprung for the gold circle so I could be close to the action and it was well worth it.  

Unfortunately the day was a bit overcast and earlier in the day my friends said well, if it is raining we are just going to go out to dinner and skip the concert and I was like-what? no way-I don't care if I have to go myself-I paid my 40 bucks with the service charge and I have been waiting since 1982-I am going to the damned concert.  Well, long story short-everyone showed up and despite a little drizzle (that coincidentally did not start until they walked out on stage! go figure) I just put my rain jacket hat on my head and bopped along to the beat.

I was so pleasantly surprised at the absolute professionanlism and talent of the band members.  What a cool treat it was to see Jason Bonham-had no idea he was with the band and the guy from Dokken-sorry-not good with names. During one song they all lined up in the front of the stage and sang and I just smiled thinking I feel so lucky to be seeing a group of musicians doing what they do best and doing what they love-doing it so well. I also loved Starrider-never even heard that song before but I felt like I had just stepped back in time to the 70s and all that was good then.  I was about 8th row in the center and had a good view of the entire band-cheers to Mick for keeping the music alive and what a talent he is by the way! My friend bought the cd for a chance at the guitar and gave the cd to me to keep-I downloaded on my ipod and I am enjoying every minute.  What a treat the concert was-I so much appreciate the music and the talent and professionalism of the band members! Thanks to you all! Your concert was truly appreciated here in Maryland-come back soon!
Michelle:smile:

lulu

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:52:51 pm »
The concert at the Timonium Faigrounds was awesome!  My twin sister and I had seen Foreigner play with Bryan Adams in VA back in July and were blown away by their performance.
Again, we were impressed, it was a great show!
We got their early along with a few friends and got in the front row over where Mick Jones stands.  We were cheering him on when he was playing and when Michael (on keyboards) came down to play in front, it was great to be able to cheer for him as well since he stands all the way in the back.  I know they both liked it becuase Mick winked at us a few times and Michael looked over a few times smiling.  I wanted to get to the left of the stage becuase Jeff Pilson and Tom Gimble are on that side and we love watching both of them play together. I love watching Jeff play the bass and the moves he has, esp flipping the hair! Tom can really play that sax, blew all of us away!  Jason is amazing on the drums.  Before Juke Box Hero came on he does the drum thing where the crowd is suppose to scream after counting to 4, no one was screaming after the count to 4, they kept wanting to count! oh well, maybe next time it will work! Kelly (singer) sounds great singing, his voice is made to sing Foreigner songs.  We also love how he runs all over the stage and isn't out of breath. At the end of the show, Mick came over and gave us some guitar pics, then Michael took one of Mick's pics and almost handed it to my sis, and Jeff came over to us and we were trying to get his sweaty towel but he just gave us some of pics as well.  I don't know what I would have done with a sweaty towel?! hmm...
Great show and we hope to see them again really soon!!

lydannve

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:59:48 pm »
Well me and the fiance drove up from Nissan Pavillian the night before, (Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey, awesome show as well) on a lark, planning on buying lawn seats.  We walked up to the gate and a lady sells us her Gold Circle seats cause she can't stay.  Now we've heard Foreigner before and know they put on a great show, but have never been this close before.  We are ust tickled pink and the show ain't even started yet.  We got so many pictures we loaded up the memory card.  Full.  No room left.  Go to
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user
and look at my pics.
Or
http://pulse.plaxo.com/pulse/profile/viewPhotosInAlbum/193274234129?album_id=17435
and look at my vacation pics.
Great stuff, Mick ain't lost a step, and Kelly sounds as good as Lou ever did, although Lou is still the man.  Jason certainly does his Daddy proud, and any Rock fan knows where Jason is amongst the legends.  Go team!!!!!  Foreigner's new stuff sounds as good as their classics... rock on guys.
Dave and Lynn:cool:

DirtyWhiteGirl

Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 05:08:00 am »
Hi there Dave & Lynn,
This link doesn't work for your pics. You need to put in the URL of your MySpace page. This is just the homepage :happy:

DWG

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 09:19:47 pm »
wow look at all the new Maryland peeps!
Welcome!!!
must have been those white pants...
someday, sigh :rolleyes:

lulu

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 06:51:21 pm »
"wow look at all the new Maryland peeps!
Welcome!!!
must have been those white pants...
someday, sigh"

labelldame:
Thanks, yep they put on a terrific show!
It was those white pants... I had to join!:tongue:

lydannve

• Newbie Member
Timonium, MD Concert
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 10:24:08 pm »
Hey DWG, my bag.
Try :
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=375853563
If you need a friend request just send it and I'll approve.
Enjoy the pics
Dave and Lynn