Author Topic: Clearfield Concert  (Read 1607 times)

lo92962

• Newbie Member
Clearfield Concert
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:35:02 am »
Foreigner,

I saw you in the 70's @ the Phila. Spectrum with your 1st album..My 1st love took me,lol..Then I saw you in Pennsauken NJ for the free 4th of July concert in Pennsauken..Finally moved to Altoona...You still rock!....Mick..you haven't changed in all these yrs..I can't ty enough for handing me your pic..Kinda hard when you have a cane, and try to get 1...Matter of fact..Of all the concerts I've been too, that's my 1st one..Yes, I will treasure it forever..See you in Altoona...

justafan

• Newbie Member
Clearfield Concert
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:54:58 am »
Sounds like you were right up front. I imagine it sounded good up there.  It looked like folks were having a good time.

I too had a good time but the sound was not done well at all.  Actually they had enough stuff there that for a moment I thought Pink Floyd was coming on next. I sat right in front of the right stack, on the bleechers.  I described the rest in the other thread.

I read that Mick Jones produced Van Halen's 51/50. After reading that I thought "you can hear his presense in that album".  The guy sure can rip on guitar.

I was impressed with all of them. I just wish it came through better.  

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Clearfield Concert
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:27:03 am »
was this the PA concert?  I was so psyched when I saw the tourdate then did mapquest and it was over 7 hours!!!:sad:
Thanks for the great reviews and welcome to the "community"
Gina

michellea

• FF#3
Clearfield Concert
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:28:15 pm »
Sorry that the sound was not better for you. Sometimes those fairs are difficult and the sound imperfect. Almost always, the sound is different up front than in the back.  I have been to other shows in Clearfield and the sound seemed to echo.  The equipment there is just not top of the line, anyway.  Welcome to the forum! Maybe you can check out another show this fall.

foreignertour

• Newbie Member
Clearfield Concert
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 04:38:52 pm »
The speakers are rented equipment and were not that great, plus no sound check. I wish all venues were the same, but that would be boring now wouldn't it. :biggrin:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
Clearfield Concert
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:07:58 pm »
hell you guys could sing in the middle of a cornfield and I wouldn't be bored!
all those dates in the midwest wouldn't surprise me if you have already played in a cornfield lol!
Gina

michellea

• FF#3
Clearfield Concert
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 05:50:27 am »
I think Glen Allen USED to BE a cornfield! :) and now isn't much more than a grass field!!