Author Topic: For Kelly Hansen  (Read 6962 times)

raven

• Newbie Member
For Kelly Hansen
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:26:52 pm »
So we don't know much about you...are you married, kids?  All we really know is the bands you have been in.  You need a fansite or something.  :smile:

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:34:31 am »
Raven although we would all like to know "everything" about Kelly, it is just not cool to ask such personal questions on the band's board.  The guys give so much of themselves onstage and if you are fortunate to meet them in person.  Let's just respect their private lives :smile:
Gina

raven

• Newbie Member
For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:44:09 pm »
I don't mean any disrespect and you are probably correct, my question was a bit personal, but I doubt that my question will ever get read by any member of Foreigner and if it did it would be up to them if they wanted to respond to it.  I was just throwing something out there, and it's really offensive to be reprimanded for it.

labelldame

• Kelly Hansen Rocks!
For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:58:44 pm »
Honestly not trying to reprimand or be offensive or flame or whatever they call it these days.

The band DOES in fact read the board!!!

In a day and age when nothing is private for those in the public eye I was just trying to say let's respect their privacy.

that's all...cool?

Regards,
Gina

kevinb70

• Newbie Member
For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:52:59 am »
whoa! (and sorry to necro this thread) just found out today that kelly and jeff are now a part of foreigner. During mid late 80s, high school and college both Dokken (by far) and Hurricane were a main staple of my music diet (I remember losing the TWYW tape and buying another copy, found old one the next week)

Never caught Hurricane on tour but would have loved to (I guess I can now sort of, with Kelly in Foreigner) and last saw Jeff on the Dys tour in orlando (my 2 seconds of fame I can see a glimpse of me on their DVD).

Off track... I am really interested in hearing Kelly as Foreigner. Came here to see which Foreigner albums if any have come out with Kelly on it.

Kelly has a great voice - if you are curious about his earlier work, consider picking up Over the Edge and Take What You Want (my favs) off Amazon or whereever (have in my cart now) as they have remastered them.

And (hope they dont get taken down) youtube has some of his older videos in Hurricane.

Kelly & Crew - any chance of sneaking in something off OTE or TWYW on tour???? Might have to catch you in Cherokee, closest to Atl you guys are going.

CatalinaK

For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 11:10:21 am »
LIVE in '05 is all Kelly on vocals...it was recorded LIVE in Las Vegas  11/05.

Kellys' vocals are over the top.  Not to mention he and the rest of the band are awesome people.  Try to catch a show if you can....you will NOT be disappointed.  :biggrin:

headknocker

For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 11:20:04 am »
Yeah, Kelly and Jeff have been in the band for 3 1/2 years now. The "Live in '05" release(available on this site) is all Kelly. You can also find "Foreigner: Extended Versions" at WalMart for $6-$7 which is pretty much the same thing but it doesn't come autographed:wink:

Arno1960

• Newbie Member
For Kelly Hansen
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 01:59:34 pm »
Hi Kelly, This is an old friend from way back just saying hello. I've been living in Europe for many years now and never knew that you made it! Of coarse we all knew that you had the talent... and now the rest of the rock & roll world knows it too. Congadulations and if your ever in Holland maybe we can catch up on old times. Foreigner has enough fans here so its worth the visit. Best regards, Arno