Get Pitch Perfect with Foreigner and the GRAMMY Foundation
Foreigner and the GRAMMY Foundation have launched a Public Service Announcement campaign in support of music education!
High schools across the U.S. can submit a 15-30 second PSA stressing the importance of music in schools and the great music teachers who have encouraged them along the way. The background music of the PSA should be a Foreigner song of the school's choice, performed in any style by the school choir. Suggested talking points are:
• Who was the music teacher who inspired you? Why was he/she so inspirational?
• What was the most important lesson about music you learned?
• Why is music education important?
• What are your memories of your first music teacher?
• What would you say to other kids who want to pursue a career in music?
Schools should upload their entry to YouTube and then email the link to email@example.com.
The program runs from now through October 31, 2013.
One winner will be chosen by the band and will receive a $10,000 grant for use in their music and audio/visual departments.
The winning PSA will also be post on GRAMMYInTheSchools.com.